Friday, November 22, 2013

Goodbyes

At some point in our lives we all have to say goodbye. Sometimes, it's because someone is moving far away. Growing up in a college and military town, I've said it a million times and yet it never gets easier. Sometimes, I think I should make more friends that are going to stay put, to save myself the pain, but that thought never lasts long.

I'm that girl that hates change despite how good it will be. I've heard the spiel of promises to stay in touch, but it's not the same as having them in the same town. Despite, the promises to stay in touch, it takes two peopple to make a long-distance friendship work.

So, I had to say it again, today to someone I've gotten to know over the last 2.5 years. We've had many adventures together, from nights out on the town to tackling her mountain of laundry post-deployment. She taught me to use chopsticks and make up brushes. I enjoyed our nights cooking breakfast food. It hasn't quite hit me that soon she'll be literally halfway across the world, but it helps to know she's in love and ready for a new chapter. We promised to stay in touch and I hope we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment