Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pinterest Experiments #1 and 2: Part One

I'm actually really looking forward to trying some new things. Lately, I feel like I eat the same things all the time because it's easy and I've run out of ideas. My goal for my recipes is to use all the items I purchase; I am on a budget anyway. :) I should say that most of the Pinterest recipes I've tried in the past haven't turned out very well, but I'm willing to try again. I must be a glutton for punishment. :)

I'm also looking forward to trying something pretty with my nails!

Recipe #1: Chicken Salad Sandwiches



So, I changed up the recipe. I'm not a huge fan of grapes, so I used dried cranberries. I had whole almonds instead of slivers, so I used my food processor. I also used mayo instead of Miracle Whip, which I HATE!

The garlic powder was genius. I accidentally used garlic salt AND salt, so I just added more of everything else to even it out. The garlic was a tasty touch. I'm definitely making this again!

Recipe #2: Honey Lime Shrimp



So, I should've added more honey. Despite marinating about an hour as suggested, the shrimp weren't all that flavorful. Maybe I should've marinated it overnight.


Well, these two recipes made for an interesting dinner combo tonight. :)

Next on the menu, several cabbage recipes.

Follow me on Pinterest: Myranda Kimble's Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment