Sunday, November 24, 2013

Travel

Growing up, we never traveled much. We'd travel to see family or to tourist destinations in the off season. In high school, my senior class and I were the first class ever to plan a senior trip out of state. We worked together to raise money and we did. We went to Daytona Beach, Florida. We went to Orlando to Universal Studios. We stayed on the beach. It was my first time seeing the ocean and I couldn't get enough. Actually, none of us could get enough; so much so that we all got fried. The sunburns were of epic proportions, but it's a trip I'll never forget. I built my first and only sandcastle. My classmates laughed, because at the airport a little kid had the same sandcastle making set I got at Walgreens. :) The trip there was only my second time on an airplane. Since then, I can't even tell you how many times I've flown.

In college, I traveled to Cali for spring break one year. Spent time in Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur. Big Sur was gorgeous! I love the ocean, though it was too cold to get in. Water came from Alaska and it was quite chilly. I also, took a trip to Cancun my senior year. What a blast! We stayed at an all-inclusive resort. I went snorkeling for the first time. Everything was so beautiful! In college, I interned at a resort in Lake of the Ozark, Missouri. What a fun place in the summer. I spent the whole summer on the lake or working with a lake view and I was spoiled by it. Now, every summer I yearn for the lake. I was fortunate enough to be able to return there every summer after until this year. It's always on my summer list.

Since then, I traveled a lot in my last job (Seattle twice, El Paso, San Antonio twice, Fort Hood/Austin twice, Fort Bragg/Raleigh, Fort Benning/Atlanta. It was nice, but then it got a little old, though I don't think I'd trade it for anything.

A year and a half ago, I went to Italy and it was wonderful. I remember smiling the whole time, soaking everything in, and taking pictures of literally everything, because I didn't want to forget one thing about that once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Those who know me well, know that I'm always planning a trip somewhere; it gives me something to look forward to. So right now, I've given up on a spring break trip since I'm saving up for Ireland. I'd love to go to the Lake of the Ozarks again, but we'll see. A friend of mine is moving back to Hawaii soon, so I'll always have a place ot stay on the Big Island and Hawaii just so happens to be high up on my travel list. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment