Friday, November 8, 2013

Reading

When I was little and learned to read, it was like everything turned from black and white to color; it was literally a whole new world for me. It forever changed my world. As a child, I'd get lost in books, imagining everything I read. Still to this day, I can get totally engrossed in a book. I almost felt like I needed a therapy group while reading the Hunger Games series; it felt so real. I wanted to call people and voice my deep worry for Peeta and Katniss. Down with the Capitol! I still really want a Mockingjay pin and I really would wear it. My addiction with Hunger Games is so bad that I cried twice while watching the first movie; once because the reaping scene was so emotional and once because I was finally seeing the movie and so happy/overwhelming. Nerdy, I know. :)

I love when a book overtakes my life! I'm currently reading, Born to Run; I can't put it down! The author much like myself wanted so much to love running that he kept trying, but really hated it and started getting injuries due to running. So what does he do? He keeps going to the doctor and they pretty much tell him to not run anymore. Much like me, he's really stubborn. So, he goes to Mexico in search of the Tamahumara tribe who can run for days, through impossible terrain. He wants to run like them.So, he searches for them, but they're hard to track. He finds them and well, that's about as far as I've gotten in two or three night of reading.

I've already finished a guidebook on Europe. That Rick Steves knows what he's talking about. I'm close to picking cities and setting an itinerary for my trip to Ireland; exciting!

Next, I'll start the second book in the Divergent series and then start an Ireland guidebook. The Divergent series is really addictive too. Very intense like Hunger Games, but not quite as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment