Monday, November 25, 2013

Catching Fire

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE the Hunger Games series! I read the books for the first time summer of 2012. After reading the books, I watched the first movie; so good! Unlike most book to movie translations, they're pretty true to the book; which I appreciate. The main characters seem like people I'd like to know.

This summer, I re-read the books in preparation for the second movie coming out. This last weekend, I was excited to see, Catching Fire! I even wore my Hunger Games necklace. :) It's everything I could've hoped for in the movie and more. It brings the book and characters to life. I laughed, teared up, and screamed (those monkeys are terrifying; I couldn't help it). I really love the costumes, who they cast for most of the characters, and their set (the locations look just how I imagined them). When I read the books for the first time, I actually imagined the dad from Juno as President Snow.
Don't laugh, but I envision this lady as President Coin. :) I can't wait for the next two movies and I can't wait to buy Catching Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment