Saturday, December 7, 2013

Late Night Reflections

Somehow, I've gained a small, but faithful readership in Malaysia. Hello to my Malaysian readers! I don't know how you found me, but thanks for joining me on this journey through life. Can we trade weather?! It's supposed to snow here tomorrow and is currently 7 degrees.

As 30 quickly approaches, I've been thinking about how I'm not even near where I'd hoped to be. On the other hand, I've had some of the most amazing experiences. Things that I'll never forget and memories I'll reflect on with a smile for the rest of my life. So, as the months go by, I'll be adding to this list.

-I've been to Cancun and Monterey, CA for spring break trips
-I saw the actor, Bill Murray when I went out to dinner with friends once
-I've been to Italy
-I've been in a commercial
-I got to live on the lake one summer (priceless)
-I've been on a mission trip to Mexico (so rewarding)
-I've started grad school, which is more than I'd ever hoped to do. I've realized God has bigger plans for me than I have for myself.
-I've found what I'm passionate about and I'm working in my dream job
-I've found balance in work and life
-I've been on some epic trips with enough stories to fill a small book (lake trips are the best)
-I've learned which friendships are worth maintaining
-I've learned to laugh whenever I have the chance, to enjoy the sun on my skin, and the wind in my hair
-I've learned to navigate big cities and airports and through those experiences have learned that I've stronger than I think I am
-I've learned that I am resilient; I may fall a million times, but I still get up and have hope that maybe next time will be different
-My scars all have pretty great stories (scar on my elbow is from the ice cream vending machine from my senior trip to Daytona Beach. I claim the thick scar on my stomach is from a knife fight, but it's from my appendectomy)
-I've boxed, taken a knitting class, and taken ballroom dancing twice (love it and always looking for a partner)
-I've dipped my feet in several oceans
-I've learned to find my voice and stick up for myself
I've learned that God is so amazing, powerful, loving, forgiving, full of grace. I've come to realize this all so much more in the last couple of years. The journey has been rough, but what He's taught me has been priceless.
-I've learned to pray more and trust more; it's been a process
-I've learned to embrace myself, quirks and all
-I've realized how immensely blessed I am with the church family, parents, and family God has placed in my life; He gives me more than I deserve
-I've finally come to know and understand that I'm a processor and need time to figure out how I feel about things
-I've finally come to realize that just because I don't test well, it doesn't mean I'm dumb
-I'm finally admitting that I know I can't grow any taller, but it's still a decent excuse for why I don't drink coffee
-I'm still learning to live in the moment and take as much joy as I can from them

My 30th is still a ways off, what should I do for it? Unfortunately, it'll be in the middle of the semester, so no fun vacation destination options :(. I'm debating between doing something really small or doing nothing. What'd you do for your last big birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment