Monday, December 30, 2013

More Movies

I also recently rented Battleship. It wasn't quite like the board game I played back in the day, but it was pretty action-packed. It kind of reminded me of the Transformer movies. It was definitely science fiction. :)

I finally hit the theater and saw, Saving Mr. Banks. I'd heard it was a tear-jerker, but wasn't sure what to expect. I knew it had to do with Mary Poppins and Walt Disney. I felt like it was pretty sad, actually. I didn't cry, but left feeling kind of sad. It tells two parallel stories, that of the author of Mary Poppins, P.L. Travers and that of the making of the Mary Poppins movie. I left thinking about how each person is battling/sorting through something we don't know about. So, maybe we should try to be understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment